All studies so far show that MCP will win next years presidential and parliamentary elections and yes they will win and for that we say congratulations as analysts ! Of course you must continue to work harder than you have done to ensure even the worst rigger won’t rig enough to subvert the will of the people …. you are facing a formidable rival in dpp and their off shoot the utm … they both have money because they are two sides of the ruling party ! So work hard until you actually get both legs into state house.
The warning is that , as analysts we will be more brutal from the second you are in government next year , than we can be with dpp and it’s offshoots because you mcp have a great legacy from the past that you must beat.
Our expectations are very high for you mcp than they are for dpp or utm . These latter two have no track record of great past achievements except the few attempts by Bingu over some two years in mid 2000s , and so it’s reasonable that we don’t have a tough reference point for them .
When Mcp is in government next year , as analysts we will expect you to (as per your policy documents which some have seem) , inter Alia do some of the following:
1. Develop more great universities just as and more than the university of malawi which you built when you ruled … with the same quality that you instilled which unfortunately have eroded once you left government
2. Develop better hospitals and now for every district ie more than you did previously .. we want old standards of queen Elizabeth’s , kchs everywhere
3. The roads must be better that the high standards you set in the past which have not been reached by the way by these other governments 25 years down the line
4. Agriculture Must be a pride again and more than it was when you ruled and I shouldn’t be labour the point here you know what I am expecting
5. Tourism, mining, energy ,ict , water resources , labour Laws , equity issues all must be better than you did and better than now implying you must bring us much more .
6. We do not like the fact that 25 years since you left, we have become retards and our economy has relatively tremendously stagnated in the sadc so much so that we now see Mozambique and zambia , countries which weren’t as great, now as heaven !
8 . We want our reliable public transport system back just revisit what you used to do in the past
9. We want a strong manufacturing base back for job creation etc
10. We want good law enforcement and order – we want to have even an orderly nation than before, back
11. We expect you to do more on corruption, end it up by introducing strong institutions and robust enforcement mechanisms . Your starting point you already know it and even that one is better than the widespread economic mismanagement we have witnessed since 1994
12. We are once again expecting to be proud buyers of things Malawian and not because we are forced but because it will make quality and economic sense to do so
As analysts we are expecting more . I am sorry don’t ask me why I don’t expect the same high standards from dpp today …. I have explained already … it’s not that I don’t like you in Mcp that I give you high standards , but it’s because I have to be realistic …. all analysis shows that you are well placed to once again, develop this nation than any other party in existence or to be born before the elections next year
Again, don’t start dancing in celebration yet … you have several mountains to climb before you get crowned into state house next year. For one thing , both dpp and utm are well resourced as they have access to government resources (whether illegally or illegitimately, is immaterial as what matters is that they have it) .
Both dpp and utm have people who cannot opine to be in opposition and so they will fight to death using all Machiavellian ie unscrupulously tactics and some of them will not care about the result … none of them will care who wins as long as its them and so in the process anything can happen . Thus , you have no business sleeping … you must fight and precipitate this inevitable Mcp triumph into being …
We alert you simply because analysis is public knowledge and as neutral analysts we have no business hiding it from anyone including you or the other parties !